Interview in the New Scientist NL: Will computers ever be able to understand language? (in Dutch).
- Byte-level Machine Reading across Morphologically Varied Languages. In Proceedings of the The Thirty-Second AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-18), 2018.
- Text Understanding for Computers. Ph.D. Thesis, Informatics Institute, University of Amsterdam, 2017.
- Neural Networks for Information Retrieval. In arXiv preprint arXiv:1707.04242, 2017.
- Attentive Memory Networks: Efficient Machine Reading for Conversational Search. In Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Conversational Approaches to Information Retrieval (CAIR'17) at the 40th International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval (SIGIR 2017), 2017.
- Hierarchical Re-estimation of Topic Models for Measuring Topical Diversity. In Proceedings of 39th European Conference on Information Retrieval (ECIR 2017), 2017.
- Siamese CBOW: Optimizing Word Embeddings for Sentence Representations. In Proceedings of the The 54th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL 2016), pages 941-951, 2016.
- Design and implementation of ShiCo: Visualising shifting concepts over time. In Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Computational History (HistoInformatics 2016), 2016.
- ShiCo: A Visualization Tool for Shifting Concepts Through Time. In Proceedings of the 3rd DH Benelux Conference (DH Benelux 2016), 2016.
- Short Text Similarity with Word Embeddings. In Proceedings of the 24th ACM international Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM'15), 2015.
- Ad Hoc Monitoring of Vocabulary Shifts over Time. In Proceedings of the 24th ACM International on Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM'15), 2015.
- Evaluating document filtering systems over time. In Information Processing & Management, 51 (6): 791-808, 2015.
- Short Text Similarity with Word Embeddings (abstract). In Proceedings of the 14th Dutch-Belgian Information Retrieval Workshop (DIR2015), 2015.
- Concepts Through Time: Tracing Concepts in Dutch Newspaper Discourse (1890-1990) using Word Embeddings. In Digital Humanities 2015 (DH2015), 2015.
- Advances in Information Retrieval: 36th European Conference on IR Research, ECIR 2014, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, April 13-16, 2014, Proceedings. Springer, 2014.
- Filtering Documents over Time for Evolving Topics - The University of Amsterdam at TREC 2013 KBA CCR. In Proceedings of the Twenty-Second Text REtrieval Conference (TREC 2013), 2013.
- Multilingual Semantic Linking for Video Streams: Making "Ideas Worth Sharing" More Accessible. In The 2nd International Workshop on Web of Linked Entities at WWW2013 (WoLE2013), 2013.
- xTAS and ThemeStreams. In Proceedings of the 13th Dutch-Belgian Workshop on Information Retrieval, 2013.
- Time-Aware Chi-squared for Document Filtering over Time. In SIGIR 2013 Workshop on Time-aware Information Access (TAIA 2013), 2013.
- Context-Based Entity Linking--University of Amsterdam at TAC 2012. In TAC 2012, 2012.
- Lexicon construction and corpus annotation of historical language with the CoBaLT editor. In Proceedings of the 6th workshop on language technology for cultural heritage, social sciences, and humanities, pages 1-6, 2012.
- Using GATE as an annotation tool. In University of Sheffield, Natural language processing group, 2005.